[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python 2.1 ConfigurePythonCarbon hanging on OSX

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 03 May 2001 23:10:00 +0200

I've had a report from Merle Reinhart that ConfigurePythonCarbon is
hanging on OSX. We've been looking into this together over the last few
days, and it seems that what happens is that somewhere while it is
copying PythonCore and PythonCoreCarbon it will "give up" and hang.

Is anyone else seeing hangs during file I/O on MacOSX?

One of the things that is special about his machine (i.e. what mine
doesn't have:-) is that it's a multiprocessor, so I would be very
interested in hearing of people who have installed MacPython 2.1 on
OSX on a multiprocessor machine. Actually: my suspicions in this
direction are rather serious (a multiprocessor could more easily wreak
havoc with the underlying GUSI I/O system sleep/wakeup code), so if
you have access to such a machine but haven't installed MacPython on
it yet I'd really like it if you gave it a try. You'll get either a
free beer (to be collected here in Amsterdam) or free CD by the
brilliant dutch punkrockband Uit de Sloot for your efforts:-)