[Pythonmac-SIG] Remote Access Connection file password

h3o h3o@veda.is
Mon, 7 May 2001 18:14:27 +0200

hello.

I need to be able to set the password used by ARA/PPP in the Remote
Access Connection file, in the Remote Access folder, in the
preferences folder of the System Folder. this is stored in the 'pass'
resource of the file, but the actual password data is is encoded
using DES in ECB mode.

there are modules and scripts to handle the management of the
connection, but none, that I can find that deal with the *writing* of
this info to the file.

the routine that does the encryption is provided by the ARA API, and
is called PassWordMunger. I am conversant with making toolbox calls;
however, as this function is not part of the Universal Headers, I am
unclear as to how to call this.

does anyone have any pointers to how to do this?

TIA

/andrew mckenzie