[Pythonmac-SIG] Zope on a Mac?

Advertising adv.files@robbstucky.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 15:14:06 -0400

Hi to all

I just got a G4 with MacOS X. Wahoo!
I'm interested in running Zope on this machine.

Does the Mac-Centric line ending problem
mean I can't/shouldn't use macPython for Zope?

[Yes, you're correct / No, you're off base]

Thanks to All

------------------------------------
ps,

Tony Lownds' package of UNIX python
http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/
Python 2.0 final in Mac OS X Package format
installs fine on my MacG4 with the latest update from Apple =
OSX-10.0.2updated.

Now if somebody can point me to where I can find Zope 2.3.0
     I think it's all ready to go.
     (Zope.org only has 2.3.2 on it's download page.)
          (not a surprise, it won't build on MacOSX - errors)
          (according to jShell
http://www.zope.org/Members/jshell/ZopeOnOSX)
          (python 2.0 + Zope 2.3.0 will work)

For those of you with older mac's
 I just installed Debian 2.2r3 onto my powerMac7100, yes a 7100 with no
openfirmware
 then issued
     apt-get -u install python
     apt-get -u install zope

 Viola! Zope on a Mac (not a Mac anymore, but running Zope!)