[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Compiler flags question for OSX compilation...

Daniel Lord dano@brightfire.com
Sun, 20 May 2001 10:22:21 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1239993967-1

The fact that you used the pre-compiled version is the tip off.  that
means you never learned about the compile flag adjustments you need to
make.
I assume the same problem is occurring for you.

Per the recommendation in the README file distributed with the
Python-2.1 source straight from python.org, I did this:

./configure OPT='-g -traditional-cpp'   --with-dyld

Afterwards the make, make install cycle worked fine although I got some
warnings about improper prototypes.
Python 2.1 runs perfectly; although I hear some tests fail due to stack
size limitation but that appears to be a shell default problem, not a
python problem.

so the compiler command line options might need to be:  '-g
-traditional-cpp'   --with-dyld

Haven't tried it myself on anything but the Python 2,.1 source though.

On Sunday, May 20, 2001, at 09:01 AM, pythonmac-sig-request@python.org
wrote:
> I get this;
>
> dyld: python2.1 multiple definitions of symbol _XML_DefaultCurrent
> python2.1 definition of _XML_DefaultCurrent
> /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Ft/Lib/cDomlettec.so definition
> of _XML_DefaultCurrent
> Is there some compiler flag I can set that gets around this?
>
> The python is a pre-compiled version from http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/

--Apple-Mail-1239993967-1

The fact that you used the pre-compiled version is the tip off.  that
means you never learned about the compile flag adjustments you need to
make.

I assume the same problem is occurring for you.

Per the recommendation in the README file distributed with the
Python-2.1 source straight from python.org, I did this:

./configure OPT='-g -traditional-cpp'   --with-dyld

Afterwards the make, make install cycle worked fine although I got
some warnings about improper prototypes.

Python 2.1 runs perfectly; although I hear some tests fail due to
stack size limitation but that appears to be a shell default problem,
not a python problem.

so the compiler command line options might need to be:  '-g
-traditional-cpp'   --with-dyld

Haven't tried it myself on anything but the Python 2,.1 source though.

On Sunday, May 20, 2001, at 09:01 AM, pythonmac-sig-request@python.org
dyld: python2.1 multiple definitions of symbol _XML_DefaultCurrent

python2.1 definition of _XML_DefaultCurrent

/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/Ft/Lib/cDomlettec.so definition

</color><excerpt>Is there some compiler flag I can set that gets
around this?

The python is a pre-compiled version from
http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/

</excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-1239993967-1--