[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [wxPython] Compiling wxPython on OS X 10.1

Kevin Ollivier kevino@tulane.edu
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:17:30 -0500

Getting closer...!

This morning I re-built wxMac and wxPython with the changes Robin made.
Everything builds OK, and I do not get any errors. When I run the demo now
it runs without errors also but I do not get any "visuals." That is, no
picture of John Cleese, no tree view window, etc. However, I get no errors
either, so I'm not sure that the code is failing. This has occurred with a
number of scripts, not just the demo script. In fact, I've thrown in some
print statements to debug various scripts inside the init methods and so far
they've all run without a hitch. Any ideas? I plan on checking into it more
later but thought I'd shoot it out to the group to see if anyone else has
built the software successfully and found a way around this problem.

Also, I've noticed that with my build of Python (2.1.1 built from python.org
source) there isn't multiple thread support. If I have Python running in one
terminal and try to start it in another, I get a "Bus error." Anyone know a
way around this?

Thanks!

Kevin