[Pythonmac-SIG] Install problem

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 08:38:01 +0100

Bryce wrote:

> I installed the OS X.1 Darwin version of Python ok (BSD and all of that
> command line stuff). I installed Numeric 20.2.0 into /usr/loca/ and set
> the PYTHONPATH to include the lib directories in Numeric. When I run
> test.py in the Test directory of Numeric, I get this error:

I have NumPy working under Python 2.1.1 & 10.0.4. If I remember correctly, all I
did was run

sudo python setup.py install

in the appropriate Numeric directory. I didn't have to muck with PYTHONPATH,
didn't install "by hand". Using Numeric's setup.py a directory called Numeric
and a file called Numeric.pth will be installed in site-packages. That should be
all there is to it, but I haven't tried this with 2.1 under 10.1...

Just