[Pythonmac-SIG] Intercepting kbd ints

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:56:19 +0100

>     There seems to be a bug in 2.1.  On a number of occasions, I've
> had a program running in the background, and when I've come back to
> it, it's crapped out with a KeyboardInterrupt.

If you're running the Carbon interpreter: this is in the release notes. For
some unknown reason Carbon MacPython can get spurious KeyboardInterrupts. I
would very much like to get to the bottom of this, but for reasons unknown it
has stopped happening to me altogheter since about 2-3 months:-( I'm now
suspecting some sort of an extension conflict.

Are any other people still seeing these spurious KeyboardInterrupts? If so it
might be a good idea to compare ASP outputs...

If you're running the classic interpreter this is a new bug, and I'd like to
hear more.
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm