[Pythonmac-SIG] Macintosh TK / Fatal Error, fix?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 14:47:15 +0100

> 	But before I left work, I found something out...
>
>     if handle == None:
>         rootWindow = Tkinter.Tk()
>         rootWindow.withdraw()
>
> 	If I comment out the    rootWindow.withdraw()
> 	everything works, without any evident problems...

Benjamin,
I'm completely out of my depth here. Maybe you should ask the MacTk crowd
whether they know of any problems in this area?

Now that you say that rootWindow.withdraw() is involved it could be some sort
of a mess up inside Tk (something along the lines that the rootwindow actually
created the menu with ID 256, but that Tk forgot all about this when it did
the withdraw(), or so).
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm