[Pythonmac-SIG] Python & MPW ToolServer

Alan Lillich alillich@adobe.com
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:42:03 -0800

I need to port a simple testing framework and am looking at both Perl and
Python.  One of the things I need to do is run simple C stdio programs,
passing in command line arguments and getting a numeric status back.  This
is obvious for UNIX (including Mac OS X) and Windows in either language.
For Mac OS 9 the Perl system function lets you invoke an MPW tool or script
via ToolServer, exactly what I want.  Looking through the Python
documentation and SIG archive, it looks like the Python fork and exec
functions aren't implemented on Mac OS 9, at all let alone using ToolServer.

thanks,
Alan Lillich
Adobe Systems Incorporated