[wxPython-mac] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [wxPython] Compiling wxPython on OS X 10.1

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:45:51 +0100

Recently, "Kevin Ollivier" <kevino@tulane.edu> said:
> Nov  9 10:25:54 localhost
> /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder:
> kCGErrorFailure : _CGSLockAndUpdateWindow: cannot map visRegion shmem
>
> I haven't yet figured out how to reproduce them (it seems to be behaving at
> the moment), but my suspicion (since it's the finder throwing errors) is
> that this has something to do with the top menubar and it being 'registered'
> as an app. Python does not list its name in the top menubar, even when
> running a wxPython script, and also the menubars for the wxPython app do not
> appear. (Menubars do appear for compiled wxMac applications.)

Interesting. This probably has to do with Python.app not going through
the correct initialization sequence. The main program of Python.app is
simply the main program for MacPython with everything that didn't work
imedeately #ifdeffed out.

If someone could look at the code (Mac/Python/macmain.c) and the
releant Apple documentation and tell me what to do that would be
great. For one, MacPython doesn't initialize the menubar because that
is (a) delayed and (b) handled by SIOUX when it's needed. So we
probably need some stuff for that, but there may be more missing.
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm