[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: 2.1.1 under 10.1 [was Python package maker for OS X Installer.app]

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:19:26 +0100

Hmm, I may be revising my standpoint on how to install, as superuser or as
yourself. Robert and Stuart both give examples of how installing as yourself
may be more dangerous in some cases (because a virus or trojan could overwrite
the programs in /usr/local you know and love). The "bin" user in the "bin"
group would be the best solution, but Apple doesn't have it:-(
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm