[Pythonmac-SIG] sys.executable not set properly when running as a framework

TattooMabonzoK. TattooMabonzoK.
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:51:15 +0100

On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 05:06 PM, Donovan Preston wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I've run in to this a couple of times since I have been using
> Python exclusively on OS X built as a Framework. When built and
> installed as a framework, python reports that sys.executable is:
>
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.2/Python
>
> Which may or may not be technically right. But since certain
> scripts assume they can execute the value of sys.executable to get
> a new python interpreter, they fail. Instead, they need to be

I've *just* noticed this too while compiling mxTools.

> pointed to
>
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python.exe

Don't you think it rather point to

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.2/bin/python.exe

(ie a specific python interpreter instead of the "current" (ie more
latest rev) one)

Maybe I'm mistaken here (I haven't tested it, will try and do it
tonight though) that this would allow for multiple python
installations to co-exist.