[Pythonmac-SIG] Enabling os.system() and os.popen() in MacPython on OSX

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 22:44:20 +0200

Folks,
I just saw a message on the carbon-dev mailing list that apparently
the CarbonLib SDK from Apple contains an example program called
"MiniShell" that shows how to call system() (and maybe popen()?) from
CFM Carbon applications on OSX.

Anyone willing to look into this? It would allow us to have system()
and popen() in MacPython, even if only on OSX. I don't have time to
work on it, but I'll gladly accept any patches...
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++