[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Mac Python and line-endings

Paul Miller paul@fxtech.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:32:59 -0500

>         On the Mac console, you will only be receiving \r eol's,
>         unless the user explicitly goes out of his way to "manually"
>         prepend a \n .... Which I'm not even sure that there is a mechanism
>         to allow that, but that's a different story.

I have to agree. I find it hard to imagine the problem really being as
difficult as it sounds. Interactive console is a different beast than
script parsing from a file, which I have to insist is also different from
just seeking around in text files. The script parsing can be much more
tightly controlled.

--
Paul T. Miller | paul@fxtech.com | http://www.fxtech.com