[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Mac Python and line-endings

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:41:57 +0200

> >         On the Mac console, you will only be receiving \r eol's,
> >         unless the user explicitly goes out of his way to "manually"
> >         prepend a \n .... Which I'm not even sure that there is a mechanism
> >         to allow that, but that's a different story.
>
> I have to agree.

I also completely agree. But: the original email discussed an implementation
where we would globally replace the C fgets() and fread() functions, and on
that level it seemed to be difficult. But it turned out not to be difficult
(as I think I explained in a later email) because we can check for fileno(fp)
== 1.

Please keep the input coming, I'll try and find time to summarize and come up
with a new proposal later tonight.
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm