[Pythonmac-SIG] One last thing on the slow shell python

Alexandre Parenteau alexp@strata.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:11:56 -0700

Victory !

I hope I found something interesting about Python being slow when
opening-up.

I noticed that if I do (prior to call PyMacInitialize) :

    PyMacSchedParams scp;

    PyMac_GetSchedParams(&scp);
    scp.process_events = 0;
    PyMac_SetSchedParams(&scp);

Then Python loads much faster.

I suspect GUSI to yield too much time to the system due to the multiple
calls to WaitNextEvent during start-up.

Could someone verify this statement and elaborate ? Jack ?

Alex.