[Pythonmac-SIG] [Proposal] changing the preferences storage mechanism

Alexandre Parenteau alexp@strata.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:14:40 -0700

[Repost, sorry if it appears twice, I didn't send it with the good account
the first time]

Jack,

As described previously in this thread, I was proposing 2 changes to
MacPython. The first one you did integrate (cool) and this is the second
one.

It is intended to replace the current mechanism to store the MacPython
preferences. I detail in the patch the motivations for doing so.

I didn't know if you wanted me to the implement this one. You told me you
were concerned by how to do it since it goes deep inside MacPython. So I
didn't do something complete, I just concentrated on making the under
mechanism so you have "only" to hook it up and replace the current system. I
posted it at SourceForge.

Now in order to use it, you'll probably want to add that in macconfig.c :

extern void initMacPersistent();

    {"MacOS", initMacOS},
>     {"MacPersistent", initMacPersistent},
    {"regex", initregex},

Then add the file MacPersistent.cpp and then run the sample.

Hope you like it, please tell me if I can help some more.

Regards,
Alex.

P.s.: sorry for posting messages in the wrong thread (i.e. Mach-o Python and
GUSI Yielding), but that's me :-)