[Pythonmac-SIG] Carbon.Win on OSX Python

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:24:02 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Recently, "Steven D. Majewski" <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU> said:
> >
> > Now I got the error message:
> >
> > kCGSErrorNoneAvailable : CGSOrderFrontConditionally: Process not found
>
> I think this has to do with your Python not being a fullblown
> application. 10.0 was pickier than public beta about this, and 10.1 is
> even more picky (there's bug reports about python crashing if no
> window server is available, I'm working on that right now).

That was my second guess, as that is similar to the behaviour I was
getting trying to run Cocoa via pyobjc from the terminal. Specifically,
some of the OrderFront message varieties did not work, while some others
did ( I think I had to use :orderFrontIrregardless ).

Thanks.

-- Steve Majewski