[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Learning on the Mac

Ian McLaury ianjones@purgatory.healthmedia.umich.edu
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:05:20 -0500

At 10:50 PM -0500 10/30/01, Michal Seta wrote:

>Have you tried pygame yet?
>Anyone for that matter?

I've been following the pygame mailing list for a few months -- it
looks like it would be a great replacement for something like
Shockwave. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on OS X out of the
box -- and I'm not much of a Unix build guru, so I haven't been able
to do much with it. (It does run under OS 9 without difficulty.)

Has anyone here had any luck? The pygame guy says he's aware of the
problem and is waiting to hear back on some fixes and workarounds.

Ian