[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.2.1 ready - please test.

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:16:17 +0200

Folks,
MacPython 2.2.1 is finished, barring any real showstoppers. It
will be announced to a wider audience tomorrow. But I'd like the
folks here to download it today so that there's a 12 hour window
in which we can find any showstoppers. Please mail immedeately
(to pythonmac-sig@python.org and to me) if you think there's
something wrong.

Get it via http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html, as usual.
Note that 2.2 is still in there too, at the top, so make sure
you download the right thing.

Note that as this is a micro release it should be 100%
compatible with MacPython 2.2, and there should really be no
reason not to upgrade. And there are two very good reasons to
upgrade (mac-specific reasons, there's oodles of
machine-independent reasons too:-):
- The IDE works a lot better on OSX
- This release works on an OSX multiprocessor.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -