[Pythonmac-SIG] Writing Contextual Menu Items in Python

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:42:59 +0200

After I installed Jack's latest 2.2.1 installer (it works!) I remembered I had
Alexandre Parenteau's Contextual Menu Plugin still sitting on my hard disk. Last
time I tried it I failed, as I didn't have a compatible Python version properly
installed (somehow it didn't work if Python wasn't installed by the official
installer, that was more my problem than anything else I suppose). Now I tried
again and it *does* work!

I also remember that Alexandre didn't get *any* feedback; maybe that was because
it was posted with an unsexy subject line: "Embedding example" or something...

People, this is *great* stuff: you can now write contexual menu items *in
Python*! Very, very cool. Sure, it's a great embedding demo, but I think it's a
fantastic project all by itself.

Alexandre, shall I simply repost the StuffIt file (it's only 44k), or do you
perhaps have a newer version? Or would you prefer to put it on a web page?

I had to muck with the install script before I got it to work (open & save again
in the script editor) but that seemed to be all. Oh, and I get a traceback on
the "copy mac/unix paths" item on Scrap.ZeroScrap(), but the line ending and
file type demos work perfectly.

Just