[Pythonmac-SIG] compiling MacPython

Matt Sykes mattmsykes@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:11:50 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for replying.

There is no configure script in the MacPython source, so I assume you
are using the python distribution from python.org/sourceforge?

Are you able to build Carbon MacPython with gcc, or just the 'bare
darwin' command-line version?

As far as I know, I'm stuck with Codewarrior if I need a Carbon
MacPython.

Yes I've tried buildfull.py and other python build scripts; they
always launch the PythonCore.mcp project file which is the root of my
problem as I've described below.

The MacPython-SIG archive is unavailable so no help there.

The goal is to embed Python into a Carbonized C++ application which is
a children's game.  It wouldn't be the most popular game at CompUSA
but you would find it there.

But so far I am unable to get *anywhere* with this.  I can't even get
an answer as to whether I need Codewarrior 7.

My machine does a hard-freeze (yes, even OS X) whenever I test
embedded python using the headers from MacPython-src and the binary
libs, which is why I got into trying to compile MacPython from source.

Maybe I could ask my company to donate to MacPython in exchange for
some support?  Or maybe I could lobby to put "powered by MacPython" on
the box or some such?

What will it take to get some help?

All I really need are the headers that go with the Carbon libs as well
as the build settings / compiler version used to build them.

But I can't even get this info yet.

Sorry for the complaining nature into which this post has veered.  I'm
just surprised that so few people appear to be involved with
MacPython.

--Matt

 --- Donovan Preston <dp@ulaluma.com> wrote: > Hi,