[Pythonmac-SIG] ResolveAliasFile/macfs problems

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:53:28 +0200

On zaterdag, april 13, 2002, at 09:01 , Christopher Smith wrote:

 > ResolveAliasFile (and other macfs functions) are not as robust
as macpath
 > functions when it comes to testing a path containing an alias.

Chris,
this isn't a bug, it's the way pathname work for MacOS toolbox
routines. You cannot use aliases within them. GUSI works around
this, resolving aliases along the way, but macfs and such give
you the bare toolbox API.

But I'd like to put your routine in macostools, is that okay?
(in the SF bug reply I asked for you to re-upload it, but that
isn't needed as the copy in this email isn't mangled as the one
in the sf bug report was).

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -