[Pythonmac-SIG] Internet Config

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:03:10 +0200

On Monday, April 15, 2002, at 06:09 , Schollnick, Benjamin wrote:

> I've noticed a small issue, that maybe intentional in the IC module.
>
> Internet_config = ic.IC()

> Internet_config.settypecreator ( filename )
>
> will return with a MacOS.Error (-666) if the filename's (extension) it
> is
> passed
> is not registered in the Control Panels --> Internet --> Advanced pane.

That's not a bug, that's a feature:-)

The lowlevel IC routines returns that OSErr code. The only problem is
that the number "-666" is not known to the code that creates the string
for the error, because it (apparently) isn't an official Apple error.
I'll see if I can add it manually somehow ("Unknown extension").

You should simply put a try/except around the call.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -