[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.2.1 after 10.1.4 update?

Michael J. Barber mjb@uma.pt
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:51:51 +0100

On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 02:45  PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 09:37 , Just van Rossum wrote:
>
>> My MacPython 2.2.1 install suddenly broke: the IDE showed the SIOUX
>> window
>> <terminated> end the interpreter crashed. When I tossed the prefs
>> everything was
>> fine again.
>
> Same thing happened to me, but on the second run it worked fine.
> I've had this happen to me before very occasionally, and always with
> the IDE. Usually something is "new", either it's a freshly installed
> Python or a fresh MacOSX version or ...
>
> And I can't debug this: IDE fails, I option-start IDE and select
> "interactive after script", IDE works again I don't know how to make it
> fail again.

I have not (yet) upgraded to 10.1.4. Actually, I haven't installed
MacPython 2.2.1 yet, either, since I'm mainly using a Unix Python now.
Is there any information I can record before and after the upgrades that
would be helpful in tracking this down?

Or maybe it is too small of a problem to worry about...

--
Michael