[Pythonmac-SIG] Method to lock/unlock files

Mike Nardell miken@inetworld.net
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:50:14 -0700

I would like to know if there is a method in Python to unlock/lock files (so
they can be protected) on a Mac running on OS 8.6 or 9. Ideally I would like
a cross platform solution. It seems that the calls to do things like change
mode are not implemented in MacPython.

I have looked at some of the modules particular to the Mac. It looks like
the Carbon.Res would do what I want, I just can't seem to find any
documentation on all of the Carbon stuff. I have looked around at some other
mac modules, and not been successful.

I look forward to being a part of the Python community! Thanks!

Michael