[Pythonmac-SIG] Bus error failure while building readline

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 16:53:03 -0400

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 10:06:30PM +0200, Jack Jansen wrote:
> Stephane and Tony,
> Both of you seem to have installed fink stuff. I haven't, so
> that's why your seeing problems I don't see, could you help me
> debugging this? I don't want to install fink, exactly because of
> the problems you're seeing: if I were preparing the distribution
> on a system with lots of fink-installed stuff there's too much
> chance of breaking things for people who don't use fink.
> (Especially since one of the fink-people told me they're moving
> away from the policy of putting everything into /sw I'm afraid
> to taint my system, I'd like to keep it as vanilla as possible).

-cut-

All they have to do is take the "source /sw/bin/init.csh" or whatever the heck it is out of their ~/.cshrc and start up a new terminal..  I'm with you, there's no good reason to support fink people when they're compiling non-fink-based software.  All they have to do is turn it off to get a normal OS X environment; it's certainly not worth your time to try and "debug" these issues.

-bob