[Pythonmac-SIG] Step-by-step howto for testing new Mach{ho}Python architecture

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 22:56:06 +0200

On zondag, augustus 4, 2002, at 08:56 , Donovan Preston wrote:
> By the way, Jack or Just, how come this functionality was never
> incorporated
> into the base IDE? It has some funny behavior, but syntax
> coloring alone is
> totally worth it...

I vaguely remember that Just didn't like it, but I'm not really
sure (not even _what_ he didn't like, the idea or the
implementation). I used to hate syntax coloring too (having only
been exposed to the abysmal color and font schemes thought up by
Unix hackers), but the subtle and useable coloring done by
BBEdit and CodeWarrior changed my mind.

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -