[Pythonmac-SIG] Bus error failure while building readline

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:02:28 +0200

On zondag, augustus 4, 2002, at 09:55 , William Noon wrote:
> On machine 1 I have readline and ncurses taken from the gnu-darwin
> project (same as fink versions?).  But I only installed the
> libraries and
> include files (no /usr/local/share/termcap...) or /usr/lib/termcap.
> There is the /usr/share/misc/terminfo... defs from OSX.
>
> I will try installing only the readline libraries on machine 2 and see
> if that builds the readline.so module without error.

If you could come up with a recipe that would allow people to go
from a virgin system to one where a simple "configure" (or
possibly a configure --with-readline=xxx or so) would give them
a readline-enabled Python that would be very nice!
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -