[Pythonmac-SIG] Import

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:14:09 +0200

On maandag, augustus 5, 2002, at 09:44 , Robin Siebler wrote:

> When I first imported IPython (a unix python program) into
> MacPython, it
> created a folder named IPython in Python
> 2.2.1:Lib:lib-scriptpackages.  I
> accidentally deleted this folder and when I try to import
> IPython, it does
> not recreate this folder.  How do I get MacPython to recreate
> this folder?

The folder you mention doesn't exist, at least not in a normal
distribution of either MacPython 2.2.1 nor unix-Python 2.2.1.
There is a directory :Mac:Lib:lib-scriptpackages, but I can't
imagine how IPython would install something there. Possibly you
mean :Lib:site-packages? This is where distutils-based packages
normally install.

If this is indeed the case then I think you should try
re-running "python setup.py install" (which you probably also
did the first time, even though you didn't mention it:-).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -