[Pythonmac-SIG] building Aqua Tcl/Tk from source -- installation problems

Richard Bornat richard@dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:00:21 +0100

I'm trying to port a unix application which uses a python GUI toMacOS
X.  Of the two things I've tried (finked tcl/tk plus oroborosx; native
Aqua port) the native Aqua port most nearly works.  But not perfectly,
so I thought I'd download the sources from CVS and install the latest
version, and then I could maybe fix (what I hope might be) some minor
problems.

I downloaded it without problems, read the instructions, and it all
builds perfectly (after I _really_ read the instructions, I have to
confesss :-)).  But then I run pbxbuild -activetarget install.  The Tcl
library installs fine (into /tmp, natch), but the Tk library install
_always_ barfs at the point where an installation shell script issues
source buildConfig.

I can't find this file anywhere in the CVS repository (I looked in the
attic in tcl/macosx and tk/macosx).  The only mentions of that name are
in the shellscript itself and the project folder:

./build/Wish.build/TkLibrary.build/BPTag008-script.sh:source buildConfig
./tk/macosx/Wish.pbproj/project.pbxproj:
shellScript = "source buildConfig";

Anybody tell me what stupid thing I'm doing wrong?

Richard Bornat <richard@dcs.qmul.ac.uk>