[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem when embedding classic

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:34:57 +0200

On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 02:36 , Stefan Petrucha wrote:

> Jack Jansen wrote:
>
>> You may want to look at MacOS.SchedParams(), with which you
>> can disable the event
>> loop.
>
> I RTFM, looked at the implementation, but still don't know what
> parameters to MacOS.SchedParams() disable the event loop.
> Evidently I don't know something that everybody knows :-(

On reading it the description is indeed rather technical. I'll add a
quick section on the common use case.
Here's what I'm adding, let me know if this still isn't good enough:

A common use case is to completely disable the internal MacPython event
loop. This can be done with SchedParams(0, 0).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -