[Pythonmac-SIG] IDLE and OS X

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:25:32 +0200

On donderdag, augustus 8, 2002, at 05:23 , Robb Brown wrote:

> I've got a fully Aqua enabled python system running (including
> VTK) but I'm missing an IDE.  I tried IDLE a couple months ago
> but it refused to load any files (a problem with unix and mac
> path names and TK apparently).  Does anyone know if this has
> been fixed?  If not, is there another IDE that's easy to use
> with python framework?

If you're willing to build from CVS (or if you're willing to
wait for 2.3) then the MacPython IDE will work fine with a
standard unix-Python, as long as you do a framework build. The
main readme file (Mac OS X section) and the readme in Mac/OSX
should have all the relevant details (i.e. you would help me a
lot if you tried this and reported if there were bits of
information missing, unclear, etc).

And, as to IDLE, you should probably submit a bug report to
Sourceforge. This is the first I've heard about IDLE not working
with AquaTk (but then, I never use it so I'm not tracking it
very closely).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -