[Pythonmac-SIG] RTFM

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:53:21 -0700

Jack Jansen wrote:
> Ok, then we misunderstood each other. The "highlevel
> documentation" will definitely have to be rewritten for OSX. My
> request was mainly for the "Macintosh" section of the Python
> Library Reference.

Do you mean the "MacPython Modules" section of the "Macintosh Library
Modules" Doc?
(http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/mac/mac.html).

That doc was edited an reorganised by me a year or so ago (or two, I
don't remember!). It still needs a lot of help, and, of course updates
for OS-X. I think the  "Using Python on the Macintosh" section should be
re-written, and perhaps broken into two setions, one for OS-X and one
for OS-9. I'd be glad to help edit and deal with the LaTeX stuff, but I
don't have the time or OS-X experience tpo really do any writing at the
moment.

The target for the OS-X stuff should be 2.3, and the new framework
Mach-O build structure. A mention of Unix Python should probably be put
in, but since it is Unix- Python, it doesn't really need to be
documented much there.

I really would like to see this "Official" doc be put into good shape!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov