[Pythonmac-SIG] AppleEvent examples

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:30:36 +0200

On maandag, augustus 12, 2002, at 05:29 , Jack Jansen wrote:
> Do you think you could add something to the findertools module
> that uses objects? Because that's the bit that *I* wouldn't
> mind having a manual for, I always forget how to say "set font
> of word 2 of paragraph 3 of window "Foo" to "Times Roman"" in
> Python.

Hmm, idea: would it make a nice example if we could come up with
findertools.savewindowstate() and restorewindowstate(), which
would respectively return a datastructure containing the current
state of all the finder windows (position, layout, folder
opened, etc) and rebuild the finder windows from that state?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -