[Pythonmac-SIG] AppleEvent examples

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:00:43 +0200

On maandag, augustus 12, 2002, at 09:55 , Mark Day wrote:
> For really simple AppleScripting stuff, the OSAm module in
> :Mac:Contrib: is very handy since you can take ordinary
> AppleScript source and pass it to CompileAndExecute.  For some
> uses, it may be simpler to use Python to build up the
> AppleScript source on the fly and then let AppleScript compile
> and execute the actual AppleEvents rather than try to build up
> the AppleEvents inside Python.

If this is true then we're doing something wrong. For static
scripts, okay, but if it is easier to dynamically create
Applescript code than it is to use Python's own OSA API then we
have to rethink the way the API is structured.

Do you have examples of it being easier to go via Applescript?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -