[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Step-by-step howto for testing new Mach{ho}Python architecture

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:59:23 -0700

At 8:18 -0400 8/7/2002, Dan Grassi wrote:
>I suggest one standard target: "install".  Removing the OS X
>Applications is simple enough but why would this be desirable?  Possibly
>a better place for the OS X Tools might be
>/Applications/Utilities/Python.
>
>The basic install should install the framework version, it is the OS X
>and Python default so no extra hints are needed in the target, they only
>beg the question of what other possibilities should be considered and
>that is not a good thing for the average user.

All I need is to build Python to run as it does in a non-GUI situation on
the machines at work, so I can move programs back and forth.  (We don't run
X-windows at work...I don't need the Mac stuff [GUI, Mac-specific tools,
etc] at home.)

I don't mind having to use a non-obvious make target ("install" is obvious)
to do that...I don't see why I should build extra stuff only to toss it
out, hoping that tossing it out "works".

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA