[Pythonmac-SIG] Reorganize the Carbon package?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
13 Aug 2002 12:33:21 +0100

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> writes:

> 5. In stead of (4) we might be able to come up with some lazy
> dynamic scheme. I.e. the module (or module-like object)
> Carbon.Carbon doesn't import anything initially, but when you
> try to access, say, Carbon.Carbon.NewWindow it will somehow find
> out that this should come from Carbon.Win and at that point do
> the actual import (and populating its own namespace with all its
> symbols). Advantage is the same as for (4). Disadvantage is that
> I don't know how to do this:-), "from Carbon.Carbon import *"
> may be a problem, for instance, and that introspection (think of
> the IDE class browser) will work in a funny way.

I think playing games like this is a bad idea.  I think the _xmlplus
hacks in the core are regretted now, are they not?

Cheers,
M.

--
  If you have too much free time and can't think of a better way to
  spend it than reading Slashdot, you need a hobby, a job, or both.