[Pythonmac-SIG] pebinding python

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:44:31 +0200

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 04:07 , Matthew Smith wrote:

> Thanks for the help with python callbacks, i have a more mac oriented
> question now.
>
> I'd like to prebind the python framework into my app, but to do this I
> need to prebind the python first. following the instructions in PB's
> release notes, I set the environment variable LD_PREBIND variable and
> attempted to recompile the framework in the command line, but this
> didn't seem to work.
>
> Is python dependent on non prebound libs? or is there a better way of
> prebinding python...

I've so far stayed away from prebinding, there's more than enough other
new stuff in MacOSX. But I think it would indeed be beneficial if Python
could be prebound.

If you can come up with a recipe or, even better, a patch to
Makefile.pre.in I'll happily incorporate it.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -