[Pythonmac-SIG] installation problem?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:23:17 +0200

On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 06:54 , Alexandre Parenteau wrote:

> Richard,
>
> The problem is that MacPython is not calibrated anymore to be
> checked-out
> with MacCvs or MacCvsPro.

Ah, good one!

Fixing the Makefile (Alexandre's problem) is fairly easy, probably.
Fixing the .rsrc files (Richard's problem) in the installed Lib is a bit
more difficult but I'll have a look. (The difficult bit is that the unix
"install" currently used dumped the resource fork on the floor, so
there's nothing left to unpack).

It would be nice if we could use a MacCVS-based Python tree for Unix
development, then I could use a single tree for MacPython and
unix-Python building. Which is messy for everyday use, but very handy if
you want to try patches, etc.

Could you post a feature request, and please attach the Makefile you
modified (as an example, I think I want to do things slightly different
so it works with any CVS tree.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -