[Pythonmac-SIG] Which installer to use for MacPython-OSX?

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:09:52 -0400

One idea would be to use the post-installer script to allow the user to
move it to / .. it's not hard to write an app that uses the security
framework to ask for an admin password.

Another possible idea is to allow the user to install to a network
location..  I don't remember the exact paths and stuff because I don't
use OS X Server anywhere, but I think it's /Network/* or something of
the like.