[Pythonmac-SIG] AppleEvent examples

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:35:42 -0400

Folks,

	I'm running v2.21 right now, and I can't seem to import OSAm
	into my python scripts... I've placed copies of the slb files in
	to the extension folder, and that hasn't changed anything...

	Is there something beyond that, that I would need to do?

		- Benjamin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Jansen [mailto:Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 3:22 PM
To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] AppleEvent examples

On woensdag, augustus 14, 2002, at 01:44 , Schollnick, Benjamin wrote:

> | For really simple AppleScripting stuff, the OSAm module in
> | :Mac:Contrib: is very handy since you can take ordinary AppleScript
> | source and pass it to CompileAndExecute.
>
> You can do this already?!?!?!?
>
> I admit I didn't look into the OSAm module... (Or at least I don't
> remember doing so)
>
> But this defintely needs to be documented!!!  I've been kind of looking
> into doing something like this.......

I've never really tried to use the OSAm module, but as people
are so enthusiastic about it: should I include it in the
standard set of modules in stead of in Contrib?

How complete is it? Anyone willing to write documentation?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -