[Pythonmac-SIG] Script for building OS X disk image archives (.dmg)

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:58:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've started to understand a little bit more about how
to generate .dmg archives on OS X. So I coded this into
a simple script which is very much beta, but some of you
might want to test and/or improve that. It's currently
here:

  http://python.net/~gherman/projects/buildpkg/builddmg.dmg

This is a 72 KB file generated with builddmg.py contained
inside. ;-)

I'm not sure yet if it should merge one day with my other
script named buildpkg or not... Eventually all this should
go into distutils, but that hasn't reached a state where
I could understand how to extend it. ;-)

Feedback is welcome, especially on how to use the "really"
needed maximum archive size in blocks and on how to get
rid off the nasty messages by hdiutil.

Regards,

Dinu