[Pythonmac-SIG] Install issue on Mac OS 10.2

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:23:29 -0700

On Thursday, Aug 29, 2002, at 06:31 US/Pacific, Paul Miller wrote:

> the installer seems to work fine on a 10.2 machine with no previous
> version installed.
>
> When you run the ConfigurePythonCarbon (which is described in the
> docs/readme, and which fixes some odd configuration issues for
> people), it opens a window whose title bar says "<<terminated>>" with
> a blinking cursor in the window. I can't tell whether it finished or
> not, so i just quit it. i couldn't find anything on the macpython page
> or on google about why this window appears. have you ever seen this
> window?

Here's a workaround:
After installing MacPython 2.2.1, and after the attempt to run
ConfigurePythonCarbon fails, remove ~/Library/Preferences/Python. Then
run ConfigurePythonCarbon again.

I'm not sure what is going on, but I think the Vise's attempt to run
ConfiurePythonCarbon, which has always failed on OSX, fails more
seriously on Jaguar.

I'll investigate, and in the mean time I'll put up this workaround on
the MacPython page.