[Pythonmac-SIG] [Tutor] Rut Ro... (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:11:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi darksyyyde,

You asked about using Cocoa on Python-tutor, but your question may be more
suited to the pythonmac-sig, since it is a bit specialized.  I'll forward
it off to pythonmac-sig for your convenience.

The people on pythonmac-sig should know more about getting Cocoa and
Python to work nicely together, and I hope you get some good answers.

Best of wishes to you!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:32:44 -0700
From: darksyyyde <darksyyyde@earthlink.net>
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] Rut Ro...

RubyCocoa is a Ruby library for using Cocoa Objects on Mac OS X

http://www.imasy.or.jp/~hisa/mac/rubycocoa/

Why hasn't Python done something like this??

I haven't been able to get tkinter to work with OSX,
and Python libraries for using Cocoa Objects would make
it irrelevant. And far superior.
The above link has a nice screen shot of a simple app
written in Ruby that uses the OSX Cocoa GUI.