[Pythonmac-SIG] Announce: OSATools

Daniel Lord dmlsj@yahoo.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:46:58 -0800

I don't think so, but it is useful for examining the AE sent to and
from scriptable applications and apple scripts. If one can build a
Python program to reproduce the same AE stream as the script, then that
is most of the battle as far as understanding Python OSA is it not? Of
course I am new to this stuff, but it seems to me that this capability,
while not completely replacing AE Capture, provide a reasonable piece
of it. According to Mark Aldritt, who wrote Script Debugger, a lot of
AE recording was broken when Apple went to OS X and he has some bug
reports in to Apple on it. Script Debugger cannot record the Finder nor
iTunes for example. So an AE Capture-like applications may not be
possible right now. Then again...this is conjecture on my part, some of
you may know better.

Daniel
--
daniellordATtelocityDOTcom
GPG Fingerprint: C59E 59F5 1C63 5CFB 6161 067E FF00 A4E8 684A 16BB

"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from
these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in
blood for centuries."  [James Madison, 1803]