[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with module linking

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:26:40 +0100

On donderdag, dec 12, 2002, at 06:50 Europe/Amsterdam, Nicholas Riley
wrote:

> Incidentally, how would you fix the problem so it'd work even with
> USE_DYLD_GLOBAL_NAMESPACE defined?  I assume this'll happen with any
> two SWIG-generated modules on OS X.

I think you can't fix it with global namespace. That's why I switched
to 2-level namespaces when they became available. But for 2.2.X this
isn't possible: some people depend on the single namespace (there are
people who create two external modules where one module will use
external symbols from the other module (which should then, of course,
be imported first). And as the 2.2.X releases should be 100% backward
compatible it isn't an option to use 2-level namespaces there.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -