[Pythonmac-SIG] watching keyboard interrupts?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:26:07 -0600

I'm getting set to extend a program I wrote several years ago: watch.py.  It
runs on Linux, MacOSX and Windows and should run on most Unixes as long as
Tkinter is available.  Watch monitors your mouse activity and given
user-defined work and rest periods, enforces periodic rests.

On all systems I can monitor mouse activity via Tkinter.  On many Linux
systems I can also monitor the keyboard as well by parsing /proc/interrupts.
Is there a facility on the Mac that will let me monitor keyboard activity?
I don't care about the value of the keys pressed, just that there was some
activity.

Thanks,

Skip