[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie osx question

bsmith bmwblake@mac.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:54:45 -0600

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 02:17 PM, Daniel Lord wrote:

> Blake,
>
> I use BBEdit and that feature works fine for me though you cannot do
> unix filters from the BBEdit menu in Python, only in Perl and the
> Shell. Thanks for reminding me I need to write them a note requesting
> that ;-)/

hmmm, no good there. perhaps i'll try IDLE for mac. i think i saw a
link for that earlier today. hopefully there is an osx version.

> 1) Do you have the path to your Python executable at the top of your
> file as in:
> #!/usr/bin/python? It might be you have #!/usr/local/bin/python up
> there but you said the path to you executable does not include local.
> Check this.

the path at the top of my file is #!/usr/bin/python so i'm not sure
where the usr/local/bin/python is coming from. i'll keep reading and
working on learning in the terminal for now. hopefully i'll get this
figured out soon enough. its giving me a good reason to learn more in
depth about osx.

thanks,
blake