[Pythonmac-SIG] C Extension Modules and GUSI

Martin Miller mmiller@adobe.com
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:35:58 -0800

I understand that the MacPython interpreter uses the GUSI 2 headers and
library created by Matthias Neeracher.

My question is: Is it necessary to use the GUSI headers when building C
Extension modules that will become dynamically-linked shared libraries.
One reason I ask is because the GUSI 2 documentation talks about putting
the GUSI include folder in front of all other system include access
paths, and likewise, generally putting the GUSI libraries ahead of most
others for the link step.

I realize, from other threads on this list, that the situation might be
different when embedding MacPython in another application, where there
might be linkage problems especially when they are statically linked
together. If that situation could be explained, too, it would be
helpful, although that is not a primary interest at this time for me,
others where I work are interested.

TIA,
Martin M.